Sunday, October 12, 2008

Some thoughts on sex...

Anyone with half a brain knows, despite it being 2008, there is still a double standard when it comes to sex. Although society views men pursuing their sexual kicks with a sort of bemused indulgence (boys will be boys, after all), women who like sex are considered creatures of low moral virtue.

We are not tolerated with same slightly amused attitude. We are dirty, unclean; we are bad girls, we are sluts. (I shall return to this idea of ‘slut’ later, I have a love-hate relationship with the word…)

In my not-so humble opinion, sex is a celebration; it is something two (or more) people do together. It’s a natural form of communication. It is NOT something that is done to someone else. Good sex may not require love, but it does require respect, a certain degree of honesty and occasionally a good sense of humor.

So, if I am a ‘slut’ because I like sex, (and fucking and making love; there is room in most relationships for all three I believe) then let me embrace my inner slut. I love her. I cherish her. She is part of me.

If you want to come with me (pun intendedJ) on this journey of sexual exploration, you are welcome. Just mind your manners and we will all get along just fine…

No comments:

Post a Comment